Permanent Residence – Work Permit for Illegal Immigrants

 With the failure of passage of Immigration Reforms in 2010 and no prospect for changes in the law for the next two years, illegal entries who have family in the U.S., can apply for work authorization and permanent residence by returning to an America Consulate in their home county. However, once they depart the U.S. they face the 10 year bar of reentry to the U.S. without a Waiver approval. The waiver is given only to those who have proof of extreme hardship to their U.S. citizen spouse if they are not allowed to return to the U.S.
Extreme hardship has three elements: 1 Medical, 2 Financial, 3 Emotional.
Our firm as been successful in having Waivers granted and our clients returning as lawful permanent residents. We prefer not to have clients leave the U.S for Waivers, unless we can show at least two elements of hardship out of the three stated above.

2 Responses to “Permanent Residence – Work Permit for Illegal Immigrants”

  1. Sir, my name is Arif. I’m staying in U.S.A for more than 3 years , I came on b1b2 visa but overstayed, I have a question is there any way to get work permit or to get back to legal status.

  2. Arif,

    We need more information but there is a way you can get a work permit, and/or legal status even if you have overstayed your B-1. Please contact our law offices for more information: (775) 826-2099-Reno, (702) 836-3099 (Las Vega

Leave a Reply